nanog mailing list archives

Re: US Warships jamming Lebanon Internet

From: Steven Bellovin <smb () cs columbia edu>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 17:44:03 -0500

On Feb 12, 2011, at 4:05 41PM, denys () visp net lb wrote:

On Tue, 08 Feb 2011 12:53:14 -0600, Jack Bates wrote:
On 2/8/2011 7:41 AM, Denys Fedoryshchenko wrote:
It is PLL LNB, one carrier, we are using full transponder 36 Mhz. There is
almost no other users on this satellite (inclined more than 1.5 degree), and
other carriers center frequency 100Mhz away.

Since no one else will, "I blame solar flares!"

Jack

I am monitoring solar activity, getting info from NOAA. No correlation.

Your suspicion may be accurate and accidental.  I rented a car in San Diego the other day -- there was a sign warning
that the key fob might not work within 5 miles of the port -- San Diego has a major Navy base -- because of
interference from shipboard electronics.