nanog mailing list archives

Re: "Leasing" of space via non-connectivity providers

From: Jack Bates <jbates () brightok net>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 20:31:32 -0600

On 2/10/2011 8:15 PM, John Curran wrote:
I'm not certain that you could rely on any organizations statements made today
to provide any assurance that circumstances would not change in the future and
result in the address space being returned to ARIN or transferred per current
policy.

An official statement from the DoD? I'm sure we could hold them to it as a community. Is it too much for us to ask the US government to give us assurance that we can safely utilize huge chunks of address space assigned to them for purposes such as LSN without fear? :)

Jack