nanog mailing list archives

RE: Looking for an IPv6 naysayer...

From: "R. Benjamin Kessler" <Ben.Kessler () zenetra com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 21:05:08 +0000

From: William Herrin [mailto:bill () herrin us]

* Carrier NAT...

I spend most of my days fighting with "carriers" to actually carry bits from point A to point B like they're paid to
do.
I'm sick and tired of them blaming CPE for circuit bounces and outages that are magically "fixed" without us doing
anything to CPE.

I have absolutely ZERO confidence that the carriers can implement NAT on a global scale such that it works and actually
provides decent customer service.
(realizing that this broad characterization is probably unfair to many smaller carriers who actually give a crap; my
daily pain is generally caused by the "Tier 1" guys)