nanog mailing list archives

Re: A top-down RPKI model a threat to human freedom? (was Re: Level 3's IRR Database)

From: Owen DeLong <owen () delong com>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 15:18:39 -0800

On Feb 1, 2011, at 3:01 PM, Christopher Morrow wrote:

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 4:33 PM, Michael Hallgren <m.hallgren () free fr> wrote:
Le mardi 01 février 2011 à 12:14 -0500, Christopher Morrow a écrit :

countries do not have RIR's, countries have NIR's... regions have RIR's.

In this context, at least, perhaps the NIR should be considered
superfluous or redundant? What is the operational rationale behind the
NIR level? Wouldn't a flatter RIR-LIR structure do just fine?

some parts of the world are invested in the NIR ocncept... not my
part, but I do admit other folks like it. (and I didn't want to leave
someone out of the mix)

I don't believe the NIRs would be part of the RPKI chain if I understand it
correctly.

Owen