nanog mailing list archives

Re: Any tools to help network security

From: Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 16:15:34 -0500

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 2:12 PM, David Miller <dmiller () tiggee com> wrote:
On 12/21/2011 2:03 PM, sthaug () nethelp no wrote:

We discover there are so many (source) ip not belonging to our network
to go to outside.

We can block it but don't know how to locate the source.

Any tools can be easily found out.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=unicast+rpf

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sthaug () nethelp no

Also - http://lmgtfy.com/?q=tracing+spoofed+source+on+network

Which get you to some strategies for finding the source(s) on your network
(which I believe was the OP's question).  Including:
 http://www.csm.ornl.gov/~dunigan/oci/bktrk.html
 http://www.cymru.com/Documents/tracking-spoofed.html

also, of course netflow... which I think Deric has asked about in the past?