nanog mailing list archives

Re: Recognized Address Transfer Facilitators (was: Your Christmas Bonus Has Arrived)

From: "Justin M. Streiner" <streiner () cluebyfour org>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 09:16:27 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 14 Dec 2011, Leigh Porter wrote:

I love the anti v6 stuff on some of their sites!

http://www.iptrading.com/news/news.htm

Some of which seems to float between fear-mongering, possibly mis-appropriated quotes, half-truths and information that is flat-out wrong. I would not trust the judgment and opinions of someone who even admitted in one of their blog posts that they had "no hands-on Service Provider IPv6 experience."

While I can understand why IPv4 address brokers would take a decidedly anti-IPv6 stance (deploying IPv6 cuts into their potential business), that doesn't make it any less underhanded.

jms