nanog mailing list archives

Re: GPON Vendors

From: Mark Tinka <mtinka () globaltransit net>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 12:55:52 +0800

On Thursday, December 08, 2011 03:10:31 AM Frank Bulk wrote:

In late August Calix came to our site and tested their
IPv6 support on the C7 platform for their upcoming 8.0
release.  They tested both on GPON and VDSL2 using the
N:1 (VLAN per service) approach.  There were some issues
that prevented all the CPE I had from working, but since
then they've taken it back and completed that work.
I've invited them back onsite to re-test so we can
validate before they begin their controlled release.

Sounds great.

Keep us posted as they develop the software. It would be
interesting to see what issues arise in this area.

Mark.