nanog mailing list archives

[OT] Domain Name broker

From: Graham Wooden <graham () g-rock net>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 09:39:08 -0500

Hi there,

Through one of our recent acquisitions, we have a domain name that we will be phasing out. We believe there is some value to it and have already identified a fortune 100 company's business unit that is using the same name, who is using their country based tld. Now, they may be completely happy with that, who knows - but would like to investigate with a broker to help reach out to them or help identify other potential buyers. A simple request out to them for a marketing contact has gone unaswered.

Anyone have any experience in selling a domain name through a broker service that helps identifing potential buyers?

Replies off list are welcomed.  Thanks,

-graham