nanog mailing list archives

Re: Writable SNMP

From: Jethro R Binks <jethro.binks () strath ac uk>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 19:56:38 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 6 Dec 2011, Jeff Wheeler wrote:

On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 11:07 AM, Keegan Holley
<keegan.holley () sungard com> wrote:
For a few years now I been wondering why more networks do not use writable
SNMP.  Most automation solutions actually script a login to the various

Juniper does not support writing via SNMP.  I am glad.  Hopefully that
is the first step toward not supporting SNMP at all.

So what are the alternatives these days then for automation or batch
operations?

clogin etc from shrubbery's rancid?

Net::Appliance::Session

... ?

Jethro R Binks, Network Manager,
Information Services Directorate, University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK

The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body, registered in
Scotland, number SC015263.