nanog mailing list archives

Re: [fyodor () insecure org: C|Net Download.Com is now bundling Nmap with malware!]

From: Steven Bellovin <smb () cs columbia edu>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 20:29:51 -0500

F*ck them!  If anyone knows a great copyright attorney in the U.S.,
please send me the details or ask them to get in touch with me.

Hmm -- did you say "copyright"?  I wonder what would happen if you sent
them a DMCA takedown notice.  To quote Salvor Hardin, "It's a poor atom
blaster that doesn't point both ways."  (And there's another Hardin
quote that seems particularly apt when talking about wielding the DMCA:
"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right.")