nanog mailing list archives

Re: dynamic or static IPv6 prefixes to residential customers

From: Dave Hart <davehart () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 05:06:13 +0000

From: "Owen DeLong" <owen () delong com>
Did I mention I haven't implemented v6 yet? :-)

No, you didn't. Perhaps you should spend some time learning about
it before you opine on how it should or should not be implemented.

Perhaps.  But that's a SHOULD, not a MUST; it's possible to make useful
observations without having every single implementation detail, quite often.

It's also possible to demonstrate you're talking out your ass with
IPv4 assumptions about IPv6 issues in front of a few thousand people
who aren't ignorant of IPv6.

Cheers,
Dave Hart