nanog mailing list archives

Re: Route Optimization Software / Appliance

From: Greg <graileanu () noction com>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 21:51:02 +0300

Hi.
We`ve started working on a similar product.
We are now running a closed beta with one US-based and another european hosting provider and expect to have a full-working prototype in about 3 months.
As per our research there aren`t many competitors in this market.
Actually Cisco has its //Optimized Edge Routing (OER) feature available in the IOS, Internap has FCP, Avaya has RouteScience which is now available only for their voip customers. Several providers I`ve spoken with have developed something for internal use.
Back in the 2001-2002 there were much many products available.