nanog mailing list archives

Re: NANOGers home data centers - What's in your closet?

From: Leo Bicknell <bicknell () ufp org>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 19:41:30 -0700

In a message written on Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 10:07:15PM -0400, Alex Rubenstein wrote:
Most EE's don't deal with day to day operations of datacenters.

We have been a long time (14 years) user of Exide / Powerware / Invensys / Eaton UPS systems. I have many 9315 and
9395's, ranging from 80 kva to 500 kva.

I perhaps should have clarified in my original post...

Since this was the what do NANOG folks have at home I had self-limited
to UPS's maybe 2.5kva and under.  Desktop and small rack mount
units, sub-$400 boxes.

--
       Leo Bicknell - bicknell () ufp org - CCIE 3440