nanog mailing list archives

Re: What is @SK

From: Jay Ashworth <jra () baylink com>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 09:40:22 -0400 (EDT)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kenneth Brody" <kenbrody () spamcop net>

Okay, so I guess I have to concede to George that it might not be so obvious
that it doesn't need explaining. (Unless, of course, the original silence
was due to the fact that everyone thought it was so obvious that it didn't
need explaining.) :-)

@SK is, was, and always will be, no more, and no less, than the "special
key" name of the last keystroke read by filePro.

Note that, because of this, it is true that @WLF processing will start with
@SK set to the keystroke that caused the field to be left. However, @SK is
more than just that.

Then you don't need to concede anything to George.

What you need to do is run off and *fix the documentation*.

Back in 96, when I reimplemented Multifile to use indexes instead of
doubly linked lists (so it wouldn't, y'know, break every 5 minutes), I
knew this, because I (now) remember having to do "sk=@sk" on the first
line of my @wlf routine (and I think this might have even predated "wlf*";
when did that happen?)... but I didn't remember it now, and the documentation
didn't say so at either time.

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                  Baylink                       jra () baylink com