nanog mailing list archives

Re: NANOGers home data centers - What's in your closet?

From: Charles N Wyble <charles () knownelement com>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 22:15:17 -0500

On 08/12/2011 10:08 PM, Eric Krichbaum wrote:
I have a 12 pack of single mode run between wiring closets upstairs and
downstairs.

Nice. I can't wait to get my next house and be able to say exactly that
phrase. LOL.

Only one server running feeding media to my xbmc's everywhere
but quite a bit on gig.

Xbmc is awesome. How are you sending the media? UPNP? Network share?

 Nothing overly noisy unless you have your head in
the closets.

Sure. What do you have in your IDF? Do you have just one IDF (upstairs
closet)
and then MDF downstairs? Or is that another IDF?

Eric