nanog mailing list archives

Re: ISP support for use of 4-byte ASNs in peering

From: Michael Hare <michael.hare () doit wisc edu>
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2011 11:15:51 -0500

Granted I've never worked outside academia but the me3400 is otherwise a cost effective gig-e demarc for very simple bgp multihoming.

They have made a strategic decision to not implement a simple software update support RFC4893 [it has been 4 years] and to set an artificial price point on entry. Fine, that is their choice. There are other vendors offering 4 byte ASN in simliar products at or near this price point and we'll probably have to move to them.

-Michael