nanog mailing list archives

RE: IPV6 Training Books

From: Michael Ruiz <mruiz () lstfinancial com>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 20:34:06 +0000

Thank you all for replying.

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Fouant [mailto:sfouant () shortestpathfirst net]
Sent: Monday, April 04, 2011 3:23 PM
To: Michael Ruiz; nanog () nanog org
Subject: RE: IPV6 Training Books

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Ruiz [mailto:mruiz () lstfinancial com]
Sent: Monday, April 04, 2011 3:43 PM
To: nanog () nanog org
Subject: IPV6 Training Books

Hello All,

                I am looking for some good reading material to get a
better understanding of IPV6.  I know how to convert HEX into decimal
format.  What I am looking for is how to under the CIDR notation and
break them out into subnets.   Thank you in advance.

I recommend 'Running IPv6' by Iljitsch van Beijnum or 'IPv6 Essentials' by
Silvia Hagen.  Also Chris Grundemann wrote a Day One Guide for Juniper
entitled "Exploring IPv6" which you can download for free at
http://forums.juniper.net/t5/Day-One-Books/Day-One-Book-Exploring-IPv6/ba-p/
52402 - Chapter 1 in the Day One guide has a lot of really good information
on understanding IPv6 addressing formats, subnetting, etc.

Either one of those should be able to answer most of your questions.

Stefan Fouant