nanog mailing list archives

Re: internet probe can track you within 690 m

From: Matthew Petach <mpetach () netflight com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 16:08:21 -0700

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 2:29 PM, Marshall Eubanks <tme () americafree tv> wrote:

It would also be easy to institute something like the old GPS selective availability, with a software tunnel randomly
adding a variable
delay (say, varying by up to 50 msec every 100 seconds).

Regards
Marshall

Heck...with the amount of buffer bloat in place, I just keep a few
torrents running
on my T1, and the buffer bloat ensures there's always a nice 100-200msec of
extra variability on the RTTs, no extra tunnels needed.  ;-)

Matt