nanog mailing list archives

Re: What must one do to avoid Gmail's retarded non-spam filtering?

From: "John R. Levine" <johnl () iecc com>
Date: 29 Sep 2010 15:49:16 -0400

As I mentioned in my follow-up post, the issue at this point is that the domain has been blacklisted.

Most peculiar. Since gmail is driven by algorithms, that would suggest that a lot of your recipients are reporting your mail as spam, which I can assure you people do, no matter how legitimate and opt-in it is.

Do you have feedback loops set up? Google doesn't offer one, but AOL, Yahoo, Hotmail, and other large ISPs do, which will let you figure out what sorts of mail people are complaining about so you can perhaps send less of it.

R's,
John