nanog mailing list archives

Re: financial peering?

From: "Justin M. Streiner" <streiner () cluebyfour org>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 09:09:41 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 21 Sep 2010, Ryan Finnesey wrote:

Does anyone know if there is a peering point setup to pass traffic to
credit card processes such as First Data and or the ATM interexchange
networks?

If you're talking about exchanging IP traffic with a payment processor, I don't think there is an exchange point dedicated to them. They would either buy transit from a provider, or have a presence at one or more public exchange points. If you want to use a specific payment processor, many of the ones I've seen have a way to move payment info securely over the public Internet, or if you have a large enough transaction volume (or your business policies require it), a circuit directly to the processor's network might be an option.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by an "ATM interexchange network".

jms