nanog mailing list archives

Re: POS to Ethernet Converter

From: Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike () swm pp se>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 20:06:54 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 9 Sep 2010, Alan Bryant wrote:

We currently have a POS OC-3 that I would like to be able to convert
it to Ethernet, if possible.

Do such devices exist?

Yeah, and it's pretty sweet idea. Haven't used it myself but it seems really nice.

<http://www.rad.com/10/GbE-over-STM-1-OC-3-SFP-Converter/17834/>

RAD’s MiRICi-155 connects Gigabit Ethernet LANs over wireline or wireless STM-1 or OC-3 links. The miniature Ethernet over STM-1/OC-3 converter provides TDM connectivity to any Ethernet device with an SFP (small form factor pluggable)-compatible, GbE port. Hot-swappable and software-configurable, the intelligent SFP converter is a fully managed device supporting standard GFP encapsulation. It delivers a complete Ethernet over SDH/SONET solution in a finger-sized SFP enclosure and enables a quick rollout of new Ethernet services over legacy TDM infrastructure. The MiRICi-155 is part of RAD’s “System on an SFP” product line.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike () swm pp se