nanog mailing list archives

Re: largest OSPF core

From: Leo Bicknell <bicknell () ufp org>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 11:37:55 -0700

In a message written on Thu, Sep 02, 2010 at 03:20:05PM +0300, lorddoskias wrote:
 I'm just curious - what is the largest OSPF core (in terms of number
of routers) out there?

I'll admit to having seen a network with over 400 devices in an
OSPF area 0, didn't design it, and in the end didn't get to work
on it.

Far as I know worked just fine though, no issues reported.  How
well your IGP scales depends a lot more on what you put in it, and
how dynamic your network situation is than the protocol or number
of devices.

--
       Leo Bicknell - bicknell () ufp org - CCIE 3440