nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 Stateless Configuration

From: Rod James Bio <rjubio () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 15:45:53 +0800

Got it now. The preferredlifetime should be less than the value of the
validlifetime option. Thanks BTW! :D

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 3:19 PM, Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike () swm pp se>wrote:

On Fri, 15 Oct 2010, Rod James Bio wrote:

 That's my setup right now. The problem is the machine is not configuring
its
IPv6 address with RA already turned on. I'm guessing that the flag set on
the UTM router advertisement messages is wrong. May I know the default
flags
use on a cisco router? Thanks.

The default is that M and O bits are off, ie hosts should do SLAAC and
there is no DHCPv6 info to be had.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike () swm pp se