nanog mailing list archives

Re: Equinix MPLS connectivity

From: Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike () swm pp se>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 08:20:04 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 10 Oct 2010, Christopher Morrow wrote:

oh, so it occurs to me that when I read the original post I read it as 'mpls network' not 'mpls p2p link', I suppose if the OP was looking for an L2 circuit emulated across an MPLS network ... that's the same thing as a wave (basically) at the customer hand off.

That's why one never should use "MPLS" when talking about customer connections, unless they're actually carriers carrier or something like that.

L2 or L3 VPN is fine, that is a service, MPLS is a way to produce that service. Asking for "MPLS connectivity" is just asking for misunderstandings.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike () swm pp se