nanog mailing list archives

Re: Rough cost for monitoring

From: Charles n wyble <Charles () knownelement com>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2010 08:01:12 -0700

One would need to know a lot more about the specifics of your requirements.

My suggestion would be to invest money in qualified people to watch over something like opennms or (my favorite) a
combination of alienvault and opsview.

"Eric Gauthier" <eric () roxanne org> wrote:

Heya,

I'm trying to quickly pull together some very rough
budget numbers for purchasing a full monitoring
system (network, server, security, facilities).  Is
there a source for rough unit costs?  If not, does
anyone have recent RFI pricing that they'd be willing
to share?

Eric :0

--
from the desk of Charles wyble
ceo & president known element enterprises