nanog mailing list archives

Re: [ncc-services-wg] RPKI Resource Certification: building features

From: Randy Bush <randy () psg com>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2010 11:26:27 +0900

Do you think there is value in creating a system like this?

yes.  though, given issues of errors and deliberate falsifications, i am
not entirely comfortable with the whois/bgp combo being considered
formally authoritative.  but we have to do something.

Are there any glaring holes that I missed

yes.  the operator should be able to hold the private key to their
certificate(s) or the meaning of 'private key' and the security
structure of the [ripe part of the] rpki is a broken.

randy