nanog mailing list archives

Re: Network management software with high detailed traffic report

From: Livio Zanol Puppim <livio.zanol.puppim () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 08:30:14 -0200

IT depends on the manufacturer. Cisco can updates OIDs even on 1 second time
basis (maybe less?).

A long time ago I've made an "real time monitor" to troubleshooting problems
at the WAN. IT was not a NMS, only visual graphs using PHP and RRDtool in
one page showing IfOctests, IfDiscards, IfErrors, IfNUnicast and, in some
cases, BECN and FECN for frame relay.