nanog mailing list archives

Re: Low end, cool CPE.

From: David Coulson <david () davidcoulson net>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 20:46:31 -0500

On 11/11/10 8:41 PM, Leo Bicknell wrote:
Something a NANOGer might want at home would be a good baseline.
I realize the exact product may differ depending on DSL/Cable/Cell/ISDN,
that's ok, let's get some various good solutions going here.

What is the state of the art, and who has it?
I've been pretty happy with the Astaro firewall product - It's basically a Linux system with a nice web-based interface for management. Either get their appliance, or throw it on a x86 box. Only thing out of your wish list I've really had a problem with is lack of IPv6 support.

They have a free home version that I've got all sorts of weird stuff running through on a cable modem without any problems.

www.astaro.com

David