nanog mailing list archives

RE: thoughts?

From: Eric Van Tol <eric () atlantech net>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 07:40:15 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Dorn Hetzel [mailto:dhetzel () gmail com]
Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2010 7:11 AM
To: nanog () nanog org
Subject: thoughts?

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/05/27/internet.crunch.2012/index.html?hpt=T2

Wow.  A news story about the depletion of IP addresses?  Shocking, since this is the first I've personally heard about
this.  I can't believe that this has never once even been brought up on NANOG, cisco-nsp, juniper-nsp, ARIN PPML, ARIN
Discuss, or any other telecommunications list to which most of us subscribe.

In other news, I understand that the Americans have won their independence from England?  Did anyone else know this?

-evt

* Sorry for the snarkiness, it's just that posts like this ignite flame wars between those unwilling to spend the
trivial cost for IPv6 addresses and those who are pushing for IPv6.  Instead, it's obviously more cost-effective to
spend *hours* reading and writing multiple arguments against IPv6 than it is to just implement it.