nanog mailing list archives

Re: Mikrotik BGP Question

From: Bret Clark <bclark () spectraaccess com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 08:39:39 -0400

On 05/21/2010 08:23 AM, Nick Hilliard wrote:
I will refrain from making any smart-ass comments about Mikrotik and BGP,
but no: there is no reason whatever that you can't take your internet feeds
from different locations, so long as you have a good quality interior
network link between those two locations, and your two routers talk iBGP to
each other.  Just make sure your boxes have enough RAM to cope with a full
dfz feed.

I.e. it's just the same as using any other router in this regard.

Nick

I've used Mikrotiks for everything except BGP, but we don't use Mikrotiks for BGP only because we already had BGP on a different platform...personally, when it comes to BGP, I think people are better off running it on devices they are familiar with rather then trying to learn the idiosyncrasies of a new platform.

Bret