nanog mailing list archives

Re: Juniper SRX-210 -- CCC certificate required

From: Lala Lander <sshafi () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 02:14:11 -0700

You should  buy locally in China and Juniper's partner in china will provide
you CCC.

thanks,
Shahid

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 1:52 AM, Elmar K. Bins <elmi () 4ever de> wrote:

Re Gordon,

gordslater () ieee org (gordon b slater) wrote:

 ...something in the back of my head says they retracted from their
initial stance recently (few month ago?) and said the CCC for IT
security kit was only needed for Gov't Procurement kit - I could be very
wrong, it was a snippet of casual conversation in passing.

Thank you for this side note already - I'll forward your thoughts,
maybe it helps. Still, if anyone can dig something up...

Maybe you're just up against extra red tape, officials not up to speed
etc; or maybe it is for a Govt Contract after all.

It's not for a government contract (it's for the renewal of the
".de" ccTLD DNS setup in Beijing), and they could have put the
red tape around other stuff that's in there. I guess it's just
the usual formalism.

Unfortunately, Google doesn't come up with anything about SRX's
and CCC certification, though there seems to be a version with
chinese plugsets...

Yours,
       Elmar.

--

"Machen Sie sich erst einmal unbeliebt. Dann werden Sie auch
ernstgenommen."

]---