nanog mailing list archives

Re: Contacts re email deliverability problem to tmomail.net?

From: Jaren Angerbauer <jarenangerbauer () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 09:29:07 -0600

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 6:51 PM, Al Iverson <aiverson () spamresource com> wrote:
I'm surprised more gateways aren't rate limiting or blocking you; my
experience with these services is such that the providers really want
you to utilize SMS instead, if you build up any sort of significant
volume. I've certainly seen multiple providers delay this inbound mail
periodically.

Al beat me to responding to this, but +1 on his comment.  IIUC, the
email-to-sms is definitely not for commercial use (as in an iPhone
app), and is more for 1 to 1 type communications.  If your client is
looking to build a business around SMS communications, they need to
make the investment to use the standard SMS platforms.

--Jaren