nanog mailing list archives

Re: Stand alone voltage/etc monitoring?

From: Graham Beneke <graham () apolix co za>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 10:37:37 +0200

On 2010/05/15 02:57 AM, Michael J McCafferty wrote:
        Is there a quick/small/handy/better way to get power quality info? If
so, what is it? I don't own the facility.

The modern digital utility meters have extensive monitoring for power quality. We have been using meters from EDMI[1] that can report and record voltage, current, power factor, voltage and current waveforms, harmonics, demand profiles and many other things.

The meters have serial interfaces and are fairly easy to connect up for remote access.

[1] http://www.edmi-meters.com/

--
Graham Beneke
graham () apolix co za   | Apolix Internet Services