nanog mailing list archives

Re: BGP and convergence time

From: Jay Nakamura <zeusdadog () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 21:31:51 -0400

Yes, I understand BFD.  The question is, do carriers usually do BFD
with customers?  And if they say no, are there other remedies?  AT&T
doesn't seem to be even willing to change BGP timers.  If anyone have
been able to talk AT&T or Qwest in doing so, it would really help to
find out how they convinced them.  They are such a big bureaucracies
that it's frustrating to do anything that makes sense.  Although Qwest
seems a lot more responsive than AT&T.