nanog mailing list archives

Re: Using private APNIC range in US

From: Michael Holstein <michael.holstein () csuohio edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 12:04:56 -0400

I have a client here in the US, that I just discovered is using a host
of private IPs that (as I understand) belong to APNIC (i.e.
1.7.154.70, 1.7.154.00-99, etc.) for their web servers.

Those aren't "private" IPs .. (in the RFC1918 sense) .. those are public
IPs. They just weren't assigned until recently.

accessible it must be working for them.  I'm just wondering if there
is any recommendation or practice around this -- using private IP
ranges from another country.  Thanks.

Since they're already using NAT, it shouldn't be hard to renumber them
into the appropriate RFC1918 space.

Cheers,

Michael Holstein
Cleveland State University