nanog mailing list archives

Re: Bell canada CIDR

From: Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 17:44:55 -0500

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 5:31 PM, Greg Whynott <Greg.Whynott () oicr on ca> wrote:
Hello,

We received a /21 from ARIN a year or so ago which we have been using.  At the time I noticed Bell was advertising a
longer
CIDR which included ours.  I contacted Bell, they said it would be corrected,  multiple times.

shorter cidr.... less specific route. it shouldn't matter, unless
someone filters the more specific...it's not nice of them, for sure.

Who I might contact to have this resolved?

Thanks for your time,
greg

AS11628
ipcalc 206.108.120.0/21
=>
Network:   206.108.120.0/21
HostMin:   206.108.120.1
HostMax:   206.108.127.254

AS577
ipcalc 206.108.96.0/19
=>

NetRange:   206.108.96.0 - 206.108.111.255
CIDR:       206.108.96.0/20
NetName:    BELLADVCOM-2BLK
NetHandle:  NET-206-108-96-0-1

looks like they flubbed their static route :( There are more than a
few bell.ca folks who read nanog...

-chris

Network:   206.108.96.0/19
HostMin:   206.108.96.1