nanog mailing list archives

Re: Spamcop Blocks Facebook?

From: Larry Sheldon <LarrySheldon () cox net>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 17:50:46 -0600

On 3/4/2010 3:14 PM, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu wrote:
On Thu, 04 Mar 2010 15:35:47 EST, Dean Anderson said:
<lots of whining about "it's not a DDoS/spam"> elided.

My To: list:

To: jim deleskie <deleskie () gmail com> Cc: nanog () nanog org

Your To: list:

To: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu, Shon Elliott <shon () unwiredbb com>, Adam
Stasiniewicz <adam () adamstas com>, Reed Loden <reed () reedloden com>,
Noel Butler <noel.butler () ausics net>, jim deleskie
<deleskie () gmail com>, Matthew Dodd <mdodd () doddserver com>,
Benjamin Billon<bbillon-ml () splio fr>, Bob Poortinga
<bobp+nanog () webster tsc com>, Seth Mattinen <sethm () rollernet us>,
Rich Kulawiec <rsk () gsp org>, "Tomas L. Byrnes" <tomb () byrneit net>,
Michelle Sullivan <matthew () sorbs net>, Jay Hennigan <jay () west net>,
Larry Sheldon<LarrySheldon () cox net> Cc: nanog () nanog org, Betty Burke
<bburke () merit edu>

And you *know* the cc: to nanog won't work.  Sending mail to places
you *know* don't want it is the trademark of a spammer.  No wonder
you whine so much about "it's not a DDoS/spam".

Now I am really confused.  When I said "Reply to all" ("reply to list"
didn't light, because it turns out the list name was not in the bunch
any place, so I deleted all the CC:s and added a "To: ".

My usual practice is to delete all the To:s and Cc:s, leaving only the
CC: nanog () nanog org which seems to work fine.

It would be nice if people would just reply to the list and leave all
the CC;s from prior list traffic off.

Congrats.  Only one or two people manage to exceed my legendary
patience and earn a personal entry in my procmailrc pointing to
/dev/null.  Have a nice day.

I'm surprised that I haven't been admonished--I have never been allowed
to talk about operational stuff this long before.

--
"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to
take everything you have."

Remember:  The Ark was built by amateurs, the Titanic by professionals.

Requiescas in pace o email
Ex turpi causa non oritur actio
Eppure si rinfresca

ICBM Targeting Information:  http://tinyurl.com/4sqczs