nanog mailing list archives

Re: BGP Tool for Simulation

From: Christopher Gatlin <chris () travelingtech net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 11:25:30 -0500

These folks make a tester that loads up BGP very nicely.

http://www.spirent.com/

http://www.spirent.com/Solutions-Directory/Smartbits.aspx

Chris

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 8:52 AM, Tom Pipes <tom.pipes () t6mail com> wrote:

Hello Giuliano,

Along with the recommendation of dynamips, I would suggest downloading
gns3, which ties into dynamips.  You can run the same version of IOS that
you are working with in production, and there are versions for Windows/*nix.

http://www.gns3.net/

It acts more like an emulators at first glance, and does not seem to have
the same limitations as some of the other simulators out there.  Just make
sure you have the hardware to support it.

Thanks,

---
Tom Pipes
T6 Broadband/