nanog mailing list archives

Re: Advice regarding Cisco/Juniper/HP

From: Bill Blackford <bblackford () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 09:48:33 -0700

Not to stir the pot, but Extreme is making some good products at a low
cost and have lifetime warranties. I've been using them lately in the
end-user edge as lower cost POE termination. They do LLDP-MED
flawlessly so Cisco, or other phones get their voice vlan and pass the
data vlan. Now, they are missing some of the prime-time features found
in J and C which is why I wouldn't recommend them in the agg or core.

-b