nanog mailing list archives

Re: Upcoming Improvements to ARIN's Directory Service

From: Brandon Galbraith <brandon.galbraith () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 14:43:12 -0500

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 2:23 PM, Seth Mattinen <sethm () rollernet us> wrote:

On 6/10/2010 11:46, Jason Lewis wrote:
I just found out that with the move to this new service that the bulk
access FTP is going to be phased out.  By design, there will be no way
to automate the bulk download of this data.

Is anyone else using the data in an environment that will be seriously
impacted by this change?

Apparently we're supposed to be going all Web 2.0 now.

~Seth

Nothing wrong with having a nicer interface, but hopefully not at the
expense of bulk data. If it's a huge issue to support FTP data transfers,
they could at least provide a means through the web service to get bulk data
intelligently.

--
Brandon Galbraith
Voice: 630.492.0464