nanog mailing list archives

Re: Finland makes broadband access a legal right

From: Matthew Palmer <mpalmer () hezmatt org>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 11:54:52 +1000

On Fri, Jul 02, 2010 at 12:14:42AM +0100, Matthew Walster wrote:
On 1 July 2010 23:17, William Herrin <bill () herrin us> wrote:
In 1996 a certain inventor of the Internet decided that the universal
service fund needed to pay for PCs in rural schools (the "E-Rate"
program) instead of improving rural communications...

As someone who's always been in the "tech" field, the amount spent on
ICT in schools has always shocked and appalled me.

Don't get me started on ICT in schools.  Please.

- Matt

--
<Igloo> I remember going to my first tutorial in room 404. I was most upset
when I found it.