nanog mailing list archives

Re: Overseas - Latency

From: Arie Vayner <ariev () vayner net>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 18:20:47 +0300

Eric,

I just ran a few traceroutes from Israel (through 2 different providers) and
the performance seems normal.

Can you tell me where to test specifically to?

Thanks
Arie

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 6:05 PM, Eric Williams <ewilliams () connectria com>wrote:

We have several customers that are reporting horrible latency when coming
from overseas (Israel, Europe, etc...)  Looking at a few global maps for
latency, I don't see any issues.  Does anybody know of any fiber cuts or
any issues currently going on?  FYI, the customer in question at my
datacenter currently uses Level3 and Cogent and we reside in St. Louis.