nanog mailing list archives

Re: Anyone see a game changer here?

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 07:49:18 +0200

On 1/24/10 7:20 AM, Gadi Evron wrote:
On 1/24/10 6:37 AM, Damian Menscher wrote:
So... you're taking incomplete information hyped up by "tech"
reporters operating based on leaks from people tangential to an
investigation as fact, and deciding that if Google doesn't tell you
the details of an ongoing criminal investigation that you'll assume
they broke the law.

No. I write there's incomplete information, mention what possibly
happened, what alternatives exist, and ask for more data.

To illustrate, you quoted:

"While reporting is vague, Google has supposedly broken into a server in Taiwan (unless information of working through Taiwanese authorities, or that someone else has done this for Google, becomes available)."

The paragraph continues, with:
"If this happened, ..."

I hope this solves any misunderstanding.

        Gadi.