nanog mailing list archives

Re: D/DoS mitigation hardware/software needed.

From: Tim Eberhard <xmin0s () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 20:17:49 -0600

Kinda funny you state that Roland. I know of at least two very large
carriers that uses Netscreens (and soon SRX's) for their DoS/DDoS
mitigation.

State table exhaustion on the netscreen platform is something that is very
easy to protect against with some protections and hasn't been a problem for
years. If you can fill up a session table on a higher end SRX then I would
be very very impressed. I would argue that firewalls place is in fact
directly infront of servers and load balancers to protect them.