nanog mailing list archives

Re: D/DoS mitigation hardware/software needed.

From: Rick Ernst <nanog () shreddedmail com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 07:55:03 -0800

I looked at one of the suggested out-sourced providers.  Based on a sample
size of 1, the mitigating mechanisms are DNS redirection and BGP/tunneling.

While both of these solutions may be useful for an end-user (even large
ones), I don't see them fitting in an SP environment.
"If something goes wrong, I want my own, local, big-red button."

Rick