nanog mailing list archives

Re: BIRD vs Quagga

From: Jake Khuon <khuon () neebu net>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 23:25:08 -0800

On Tue, 2010-02-16 at 23:03 -0800, Jake Khuon wrote:

The best solution we came up with at the time was to add some control
knobs to rsd in order to allow us to quickly take down the BGP session
to the peer on the falsely advertising RS.

Sorry... this was poorly worded.  We did not actually tear down the BGP
sessions.  I should have placed quotes around "BGP session".  What we
did was virtually nuked the "view" in the RS of the pairwise peering
thus forcing a BGP withdrawal to the effected peers of the RS and
hopefully leaving only valid third-party views intact.  Again, the
greatest problem was detection and modeling.

--
 | Packet Plumber, Network Engineers     /| / [~ [~ |) | | -------- |