nanog mailing list archives

Re: Denic (.de) blocking 6to4 nameservers (since begin feb 2010)

From: Tim Chown <tjc () ecs soton ac uk>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 16:03:26 +0000

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 08:16:56AM +1100, Mark Andrews wrote:

If you can't get native IPv6 then use a tunneled service like
Hurricane Electric's (HE.NET).  It is qualitatively better than
6to4 as it doesn't require random nodes on the net to be performing
translation services for you which you can't track down the
administrators of.  You can get /48's from HE.

Our external IPv6 web accesses are still very low, but have grown
linearly over the last five years from 0.1% in 2005/06 to 0.5% of
total web traffic now.   Internally of course our figures are higher.

Of that IPv6 traffic, 1% comes from 2002::/16 prefixes.   Even less
from Teredo prefixes.   I guess we could run stats against known TB
prefixes to determine who is using those.

--
Tim