nanog mailing list archives

Re: google contact? why is google hosting/supporting/encouraging spammers?

From: "Tony Varriale" <tvarriale () comcast net>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 17:35:23 -0600

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Mercer" <jim () reptiles org>
To: <nanog () nanog org>
Sent: Thursday, February 04, 2010 12:07 AM
Subject: google contact? why is google hosting/supporting/encouraging spammers?

we have recently started getting alot of spam, out of dubai, from "ecampaigners.dxb () gmail com"

all of the spam comes from/through google and google groups.

is this accepted/supported activity on google?

if not, where might i find a contact who can cluefully respond?

--
Jim Mercer        jim () reptiles org        +92 336 520-4504
"I'm Prime Minister of Canada, I live here and I'm going to take a leak."

Not that I can point you in the correct direction, but Google Groups is a haven for spammers. In fact, I stopped using it a while ago for this reason.

I do find it odd that gmail is very good at filtering spam, but groups isn't/doesn't.

tv