nanog mailing list archives

Re: Some truth about Comcast - WikiLeaks style

From: "Justin M. Streiner" <streiner () cluebyfour org>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 01:39:25 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 14 Dec 2010, Jack Bates wrote:

On 12/13/2010 11:07 PM, Backdoor Santa wrote:
 Ever wonder what Comcast's connections to the Internet look like? In the
 tradition of WikiLeaks, someone stumbled upon these graphs of their TATA
 links.

Forgive me for being the skeptic, but I presume there is at least a traceroute with rDNS mentioning one of the 3 10G interfaces on gin-nto-icore1 from comcast?

It's not like the image lists the customer name on it; disregarding photoshop concerns. At least wikileaks documents look like they came from the government and have lots of details. :)

Agreed. There's no independently verifiable detail to lend any credence to the source(s) of the data. It just shows some 10G links flat-topping due to saturation. There's not enough here to get particularly excited.

jms