nanog mailing list archives

Re: ARIN space not accepted

From: Michael Thomas <mike () mtcc com>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2010 14:21:56 -0800

On 12/03/2010 02:13 PM, Jack Bates wrote:
On 12/3/2010 4:09 PM, Dustin Swinford wrote:
We have run into an issue with the 107.7.0.0/16 assigned to us several
months ago. It appears that many sites have not yet accepted this
space. I
understand this is not a normal type post to NANOG, but hoped to get the
word out to as many operators as possible. Does anyone know of a
better way
to get the word out to ask people to update their BOGONs/filters?

The first takers in a space are hit the hardest. Rementioning here is
important. Do a google search and find any pages still mentioning
blocking the range. Contact them and ask them to update. Then you have
to start the long list with others. it's recommended you setup a server
with 2 IP addresses, one in the range, one outside the range, so that
people can check against them both to verify that the problem is with
the range itself. I've seen some networks that run automatic probes from
both ranges and compare the results, automatically sending emails to
whois contacts concerning the problem.

Is there much point to bogon filtering now? :)

Mike, likely ignorant